Last updated: April 16, 2019
Types of Information We Collect and How We Use It
Information Clients Provide
When you create an account, respond to surveys, request services or information, or contact us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
Account Information: When you register to use the Services with an email address, we collect your full name, company or organization name, email address and password you create.
User Contacts. You can import your basic contact information from Excel using ExpoGenie’s contact import wizard. We do not collect the username and password for the email account you wish to import your contacts from.
Communications With Us. When you contact us to inquire about the Services, request customer service or technical support, or request other information, we may collect your name, email address, phone number or mailing address.
Surveys. We may contact you to participate in online surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include Personal Information.
Registration for Sweepstakes or Contests. Occasionally, ExpoGenie may run sweepstakes and contests. We ask those who enter in the sweepstakes or contests to provide contact information (e.g., an email address). If you participate in a sweepstakes or contest, your contact information may be used to reach you about the sweepstakes or contest, and for other promotional, marketing and business purposes. All sweepstakes/contests entry forms will provide a way for participants to opt-out of any communications that are not related to awarding prizes.
Automatic Data Collection. As is true of most websites and mobile applications, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data, mobile device identifiers, and advertising identifiers. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track users’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personal information.
Health Related Information. Health Related Information. While ExpoGenie is not a covered entity (as defined under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”)), its clients who are covered entities or business associates under HIPAA and want to use the Services to process Protected Health Information can contact ExpoGenie to inquire about adding a Business Associate Addendum to the Terms at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Related to Data Collected for our Clients
ExpoGenie provides exhibitor and tradeshow management services to its clients, and collects and Processes information under the direction of its clients. ExpoGenie has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal whose Personal information it processes.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Site that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. Pixel tags allow us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
Local Storage. We use local storage (LS) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LS such as HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LS.
Behavioral Advertising/Re-Targeting. We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this Site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests.
Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and other service providers to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our Services. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How ExpoGenie Uses the Information We Collect
We acquire, hold, use, and Process Information for a variety of business purposes, including:
- To Provide Services or Information Requested by Clients. ExpoGenie may use Personal Information to provide the Services, fulfill requests for products, Services, or information, including information about potential or future Services.
- Administrative Purposes. ExpoGenie may use Personal Information about you for its administrative purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in ExpoGenie’s Services;
- Develop new products and Services;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Verify individual identity;
- Send email to the email address a Client provides to us to verify your Account and for informational and operational purposes, such as Account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
- Process payment for products or services purchased;
- Process applications and transactions;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforce our Terms.
- Marketing ExpoGenie Products and Services to Clients. ExpoGenie may use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. You may contact us at any time to opt-out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as further described below.
- Research and Development. ExpoGenie may use Personal Information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services.
- Anonymous and Aggregated Information Use. ExpoGenie may use Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access ExpoGenie’s Services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Services. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and ExpoGenie may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within ExpoGenie and with Third Parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
- Other Uses. ExpoGenie may use Personal Information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
How ExpoGenie Shares the Information We Collect
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share Personal Information we receive with vendors and service providers only as necessary to provide the Services to us. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of the Site. ExpoGenie has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Business Partners. ExpoGenie may share Personal Information with our business partners, and affiliates for our and our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. ExpoGenie may also provide Personal Information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear, along with ExpoGenie. ExpoGenie requires our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which ExpoGenie provided them.
- User Testimonials. We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Interest-Based Advertising and Third Party Marketing. ExpoGenie may allow third-party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such we have collected with Third-Party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-ExpoGenie related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising”. We may allow access to other data collected by the Site to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with third-party advertising partners, you may opt-out of such sharing at no cost as described below.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures). We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other Account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce ExpoGenie policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to ExpoGenie; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
- Privacy Shield. With respect to transfers to third parties that process Personal Information pursuant to our instructions, Privacy Shield requires that ExpoGenie remain liable should its vendors and service providers process Personal Information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles.
We may store all Personal Information we collect anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, in the United States, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers.
ExpoGenie will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will also retain personal data we process on behalf of our clients for as long as needed to provide services to our client. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How to Opt-Out
- “Do Not Track”. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
- Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising. You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/, and www.aboutads.info/choices/(or if located in the European Union at http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure, and Restriction
Clients. You can modify, update, or delete your account information at anytime by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may inquire as to whether ExpoGenie is processing Personal Information about you, request access to Personal Information, and ask that we correct, amend or delete your Personal Information for any reason by contacting us at email@example.com. Please include your full name, email address associated with your Account, and a detailed description of your data request. Such requests will be processed in line with local laws. We will respond to any requests for access to Personal Information within 30 days.
Data Controlled by Clients. We process information at the direction of our clients. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete data that is processed by ExpoGenie for its client should direct his query to the ExpoGenie client (the data controller). If the client requests ExpoGenie to remove the data, we will respond to their request within 30 business days.
Children’s Personal Information
The Service and Site are not intended for, nor does ExpoGenie knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16. If you have reason to believe that any Personal Information from any children under the age of 16 has been collected or submitted to ExpoGenie for any reason, please notify ExpoGenie at firstname.lastname@example.org, and ExpoGenie will seek to remove such information as soon as practicably possible.
Protection of Information
The security of your Personal Information and our clients’ information is important to us. ExpoGenie maintains reasonable security measures to protect your information from loss, destruction, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information, such as a credit card number, on our order forms and login credentials on our platform login page, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). These technologies help ensure that your data is safe, secure, and only available to you and to those you provided authorized access. However, no data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure due to the nature of the distributed network that is the Internet. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
ExpoGenie has further committed to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact the EU DPAs or Swiss FDPIC for more information or to file a complaint. The services of EU DPAs and Swiss FDPICs are provided at no cost to you.
ExpoGenie is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC). In certain circumstances, the Privacy Shield Framework provides the right to invoke binding arbitration to resolve complaints not resolved by other means, as described in Annex I to the Privacy Shield Principles.
Terms of Service
When you access and use the Services, you are subject and bound to the ExpoGenie Terms of Service, which can be found at https://expo-genie.com/terms-and-conditions/
1900 South Norfolk
Street Suite 350
San Mateo, CA 94403